Programs I teach...
School of Arts, Sciences & Business
- MBA, Simon Business School, University of Rochester. Concentrations in Finance and Corporate Accounting
- BA, McDaniel College, Economics and Business Administration
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
My passions are financial literacy and your career preparation. I teach finance courses (Corporate, International, and Personal) as well as Investment Management, Data Analysis and Strategic Planning.
Students tell me that, in my classes, I successfully give them a window into the real world of finance. For me that comes from experience. Prior to joining Notre Dame in 2009 I worked in the banking industry - first as a financial analyst and then managing an institutional investment portfolio for nearly a decade.
Following that I served as treasurer of a local Baltimore bank, where I gained expertise in interest rate risk hedging, capital management, and loan and deposit pricing, as well as valuable experience in stock and bond issuances and strategic planning.
I gave several speeches on Federal Reserve policy and interest rate hedging to commercial customer groups, and I still enjoy trying to predict the Fed’s next move.
Here at Notre Dame I also advise a student-led organization, the Business and Economics Society, through which students gain valuable experience in event planning, budgeting, and promotion; leadership, and teamwork, while providing our campus community with educational and fun experiences like trips to New York City, networking events, and community service.
When not working, I prefer to be traveling, water-skiing, or hiking and biking. Y como muchos de ustedes, estoy tratando aprender español.
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Foundation Board Member, SES Foundation, 2007-2014
- President, St. Elizabeth School Foundation board, 2013-2014
- Treasurer, St. Elizabeth School Foundation board, 2010-2012
- Baltimore CFA Society / CFA Institute 2000 -
- Finance Committee, NDMU Board of Trustees, 2014 -
- Finance Committee, Mount St. Agnes Theological Center for Women, 2011 – 2013