The ELI offers 5 eight-week sessions throughout the year. You may enroll at the beginning of any session.
Special programs and short-term programs are also available upon request.
Who Can Apply?
We accept applications from anyone whose native language is not English. This includes international students, visitors, au pairs, U.S. residents, and others.
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have completed secondary school;
- Be at a high beginner level (know the English alphabet and be able to speak in simple present tense)
Unfortunately, the ELI does not offer classes for low beginner level students.
- Applicants Requiring an F-1 Student Visa
- F–1 Visa Transfer Students
- Other Visa Holders, Permanent Residents, and U.S. Citizens
Session Dates & Application Deadlines
|Session||Session Dates||F-1 Visa Applicant Deadline||Local (U.S.) Applicant Deadline|
|Summer, 2017||June 5 - July 28, 2017||April 14, 2017||May 13, 2017|
|Fall I, 2017||August 21 - October 20, 2017||July 10, 2017||August 14, 2017|
|Fall II, 2017||October 23 - December 15, 2017||September 11, 2017||October 16, 2017|
|Spring I, 2018||January 22 - March 16, 2018||December 12. 2017||January 9, 2018|
|Spring II, 2018||April 2 - May 18, 2018||February 14, 2018||March 14, 2018|
|Summer, 2018||June 4 - July 27, 2018||April 23, 2018||May 21, 2018|