Move-In Dates for Fall 2023

For additional information, please follow housing updates in the NDMU Together campus return section.

  • New First-Year Students & Transfer Students
    • Friday, August 25, 2023  
  • Returning Students 
    • Saturday, August 26, 2023
  • School of Pharmacy
    • Saturday, August 7, 2023 (P1) 
    • Saturday, August 12, 2023 (P2-P4)
Suggested Packing List

Kitchen Supplies

  • Utensils
  • Bowls, Plates, Cups, Mugs
  • Tupperware
  • Dish Towels
  • Microwavable Cookware
  • Chip Clips

Desk Supplies

  • Pens, Pencils, Highlighter
  • Notepad, Paper, Post-its
  • Folders, Index Cards
  • Paper Clips, Stapler
  • Tape, Glue
  • Calendar
  • Calculator, Flash Drive


  • Shower Caddy
  • Shower Shoes
  • Toiletries
  • Towels, Wash Cloths
  • Pillows, Twin XL Sheets
  • Comforter
  • Decorations

Cleaning Supplies

  • Laundry Bag/Basket
  • Laundry Soap 
  • Stain Remover
  • Paper Towels
  • Sponge, Dish Soap
  • Trash Bin, Trash Bags
  • Vacuum
  • Sewing Kit


  • Masks
  • Athletic Equipment
  • Medicine, First Aid Kit
  • Blue Painter's Tape
  • Backpack
  • TV
  • Study Lamp
  • Surge Protectors
  • Mini Fridge/Mirco Fridge Rental 
Prohibited Item List

Prohibited Items

Included but not limited to: ​

  • Illegal drugs, Drug-related paraphernalia (e.g. bong, pipe, hookah)
  • Beer pong tables, funnels and tubing, common source containers (e.g. kegs), and other alcohol paraphernalia
  • Firearms, fireworks, explosives, weapons
  • Hot plates
  • Appliances with exposed heat elements like toasters, grills, slow cookers, rice cookers, etc. 
  • Halogen lamps or medusa lamps 
  • Electric Blankets
  • Wireless printers and personal routers 
  • Hover boards
  • Toaster ovens
  • Microwaves unless as part of a rented micro-fridge unit through the school sponsored vendor
  • Grills
  • Space heaters
  • Cinder blocks
  • Electrical appliances with an exposed heating element (e.g. slow cookers, toasters, rice cookers, hot plates)
  • Incense, candles, oil-lamps (lit or unlit) 
  • Wall mounted televisions
  • Refrigerators greater than 118 volts, 60 Hz, and do not draw more than 1.5 amps or 180 watts
  • Dangerous chemicals
  • Non-University supplied lofts
  • Portable air conditioners or non-University issued window air conditioning units
  • Personal mattress 
  • Pets (other than small, non-carnivorous fish)
Immunization FAQ's

Do I need to submit proof of immunizations?
Yes, immunization forms are required.

Do I need the Meningitis vaccine?
Yes, Maryland law requires dormitory residents to have received the meningitis shot. Proof of this vaccine must be noted by your physician on the immunization form. 

What happens if I arrive on move-in day without having received the Meningitis vaccine?
Students are NOT permitted to move-in without proof of having received the Meningitis vaccine. 

Do I need Health Insurance?
Yes, all full-time students are REQUIRED to submit proof of health insurance to waive or students must enroll in the University-sponsored health insurance plan. 

What do I need to do to waive or enroll in the Health Insurance plan?
All full-time students must take action. Students will receive multiple emails and information with explicit directions on how to submit proof of insurance in order to waive or to enroll in the health insurance plan. Please follow the directions outlined by July 30, 2021. 

What if I fail to take action on University Health Insurance?
If students do not take action by July 30th, 2021, you will be charged for health insurance on your tuition statement. At this point you will have until August 31st, 2021 to have your account adjusted. 

After August 31st, 2021, all charges will be final and no adjustments will be allowed. 

Additional Move-in FAQs

Preferred Bed Adjustment

Make your living space your own! 

Part of the fun of moving into any new place is the opportunity to give it an identity.sssssf

Posters, pictures, bedspreads, lamps, and other accessories all serve to add a personal touch to your room.

Please Note

All decorations must be removed at the end of the school year.  Decorations which would make permanent changes in a room are not permitted and may result in damage charges.

Bed Options

Option 1 - Beds Bunked

Talk with your roommate about bed preference prior to submitting the form. Only one submission per room is needed if both occupants wish to have their beds bunked.

 Beds Bunked

Option 2 - Bed Lofted

Limited lofts are available for the academic year. If you would prefer lofting your bed, submit the Bed Preference Request Form beginning August 1st.

Lofts are provided in the order that requests are received. Non-university provided lofts are not permitted.

Bed Lofted

Option 3 - Bed Raised

Raising the bed height allows additional space to store belongings under it and greater flexibility in the layout of the room. Keep in mind your level of comfort in how high the bed can be raised.

Bed Raised