It is incumbent upon the University to ensure that the necessary work of vendors and/or contractors is conducted, while maintaining our high level of safety to all campus constituents.
Notre Dame is committed to providing the safest possible environment for all members of the campus community. From time to time, it is necessary to permit outside vendors and/or contractors to access campus facilities for the purpose of servicing equipment, making repairs, or conducting other forms of business.
Contractors and/or vendors performing work on campus will be required to register with the office of public safety and wear a photo identification card.
- All persons performing work on campus on behalf of any vendor or contractor will be required to submit a request for vendor/contractor (V/C) photo identification card to the office of public safety.
- The completed form will be forwarded to the office of public safety by the hiring entity of the University for review and approval. Please allow two business days for processing and approval. Once approved, the vendor/contractor will have their photograph taken and card issued. There is a $20 fee for each card request. (Checks made payable to: Notre Dame of Maryland University)
- Requests for V/C cards will be processed by the office of public safety, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Any person requesting a V/C card must have at least one form of photo identification corresponding to the information on the request form.
- All V/C cards are the property of Notre Dame and MUST be returned to the office of public safety upon expiration or when no longer needed, whichever occurs first.
- The College will assess a $75 fee to the company represented by any vendor/contractor who does not return their V/C photo identification card.
- Under certain circumstances, the office of public safety may directly issue a “temporary” V/C identification card upon receipt of a satisfactory application. The issuance of this type of card is reserved for those occasions where the vendor/contractor's work is extremely limited in time, scope, and location.
- An issued V/C identification card permits access to only those campus buildings, facilities, grounds, etc. necessary to perform the work or service. Vendors/Contractors who are issued a red “B” card (buildings and grounds) are not permitted access to any sensitive buildings which include residential and child-care facilities. Such access requires a green card with the appropriate building designation. An individual that fails to obtain or wear the required ID or otherwise violates the policy and restrictions may be removed from the campus.
- Notre Dame reserves the right to conduct background checks and screen vendors/contractors through such public data bases as the National Sex Offender Registry, public court records, etc. to determine any potential safety concern the applicant may pose to the campus community.
- Print a copy of the V/C Photo Identification Request Form (PDF). Forms can also be obtained at the office of public safety and the Communication Switchboard in the lobby of Gibbons Hall.