Our Career Education Model
The NDMU Career Education model illuminates a liberal arts education by:
- Engaging students in experiences that use individual strengths
- Making meaning about these experiences
- Prioritizing the use of language to demonstrate and reveal an individual’s interests and career-readiness competencies
NDMU students test the intersection of self and society, exploring their curiosities, and creating connections in communities of interest.
Elements of Our Model
- Meaning-Making: We teach that an individual’s life and career design can be relayed to others through the components of story.
- Experiential Learning: We promote internships as well as other opportunities for applied and co-curricular learning.
- Connections: We support networks of students, alumnae/alumni, employers, and stakeholders.
- Career Advancement: We provide assistance for all career stages.
Four Year Career Development Plan