Move-In FAQs

Answers to common questions to make your arrival to campus easy and enjoyable!

What size sheets should I bring for my bed?

Twin extra long sheets are recommended. They allow extra room if you would like to put an egg crate or mattress on your bed for comfort and they fit on the longer mattresses that are in some residential rooms.

I would like to have access to a microwave and refrigerator. What are my options?

Each residence hall offers common kitchen spaces which include full size refrigerators and at least one (1) microwave per building. You may also bring your own mini fridge for your room. Only one (1) mini fridge per room is permitted and it cannot exceed 118 volts, 60Hz, and do no draw more than 1.5 amps or 180 watts.

Microfridge units are available for rent from Units are delivered to student rooms prior to move-in and are picked up at the end of the year.

Can I bring a coffee pot, slow cooker, or rice cooker?

You are permitted to bring appliances that do not have an exposed heating element. For example, you are able to bring a Keurig coffee maker or any coffee pot that does not have a hot plate.

Items such as slow cookers, rice cookers, and toaster ovens all have exposed heating elements that are a potential fire hazard and are therefore prohibited items.

A full list of prohibited items are available in the Residential Student Handbook.

Are cable and WiFi available?

Cable and WiFi are included for all students. Cable includes most standard channels and a list of channels is available through the IT Help Desk.

Though WiFi is available in both residence halls, you are encouraged to also bring an Ethernet cable for wired internet access as well.

Personal routers and wireless printers are prohibited items in the residence halls as they impact the strength of the wireless network for other community members.

When do I get my student ID?

As a new student, you will receive your ID card at check-in to your residence halls in addition to your room key.

Where do I go on Move-In Day?

Check-in will be in the lobby of the residence hall in which you are residing.

How do I get a parking permit?

You will have the opportunity to register your vehicle on campus with Public Safety during move-in day. Additional information will be provided on move-in day.

If you would prefer to register your vehicle on campus prior to move-in, visit the Public Safety Switchboard on the 1st floor in the front of Gibbons Hall.

When does my meal plan start?

Meal plans begin on new student Move-In Day. If you are arriving early, check with the group with which you are affiliated regarding meals before that date.

What do I need to complete prior to move-in?

You will need to either waive or enroll in the university health insurance as well as submit your immunization documentation before you can move into the residence halls.

Can I move-in early?

Contact to request to arrive early. There is a $25 per day early arrival fee that will be charged to your student account.

Arrival requests will only be approved pending space availability.