First Year & New Transfer Students
- You will receive information by mail in spring prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Submit the New Student Housing Application Form by June 1st.
- Roommate preferences will be accepted until June 20th at 9:00 a.m.
In order to be eligible for university housing, you must complete the Housing Intent Form if you are interested in selecting a housing assignment.
- List the other members of your group.
- Be sure all group members are eligible to participate in housing selection.
The intent form will open in February and must be completed by the assigned deadline.
How to Apply
Choose to participate in housing selection as a group to improve your chances of living with friends or compatible suitemates!
Groups can only be formed with currently enrolled students.
- Suitemates (4-person groups)
- Roommates (2-person groups)
- Each group must submit a Roommate Agreement Card (PDF).
- Changes to roommate groups will not be permitted after the deadline.
Looking for a Roommate?
- Complete/Check-out the Roommate Binder at the Doyle Hall Desk.
- Attend Housing Selection Events such as the Roommate Social.
- Talk to your Community Assistant and see if they know anyone else looking for a roommate.
As an Individual - Rising Sophomores & Juniors
If you do not have a preferred roommate group, you will be able to apply as an individual. Individual selection occurs after group selection is complete.
In rare instances individuals may be able to select a single room, but it is very likely that you will have roommates and suitemates which are randomly assigned.
If you find a roommate after the application deadline, but before selection, there may still be an opportunity to form a group.
As an Individual - Rising Seniors
As a rising senior, you may apply to live in a single or double room in Doyle Hall.
- Complete the Housing Intent Form.
- Attend Housing Selection Day to select a room in Doyle Hall.
If you do not want a single room, you can expect to be assigned to a double room in Doyle Hall, which must consist of two rising seniors.
Once rising sophomores and juniors have completed housing selection, you may also select a double room in Meletia Hall if there is any availability.
Housing Selection Timeline
- March 1st: Information Session - 7:00 p.m., Meletia 2nd Floor Lounge
- March 2nd: Information Session - 7:00 p.m., Meletia 2nd Floor Lounge
- March 8th: Roommate Social - 7:00 p.m., Residence & Commuter Life Office, Theresa 022
- March 18th: Application Deadline
- April 1st: Housing Selection for students with approved accommodations and LLC
- April 2nd: Housing Selection Day
All currently enrolled full-time students (Women's College, Graduate Students, and School of Pharmacy) are eligible to participate in housing selection.
There is a separate selection process for students who are:
- Currently withdrawn
- On a Leave of Absence
- To be re-admitted for the fall
- Studying abroad
- New incoming first-year and transfer students
Your selection order will be determined by:
- Information on Your Housing Intent Form
- Suitemates (if applicable)
- Roommates (if applicable)
- Current Credit Status
Complete roommate or suitemate groups will be given priority in housing selection before incomplete groups and individuals.
Selection Order for Groups
The selection order of complete roommate groups will be determined by:
- Average Earned Academic Credits (does not include currently enrolled credits) of group members
- Number of Members in the Group
- 1st - Groups of four or more students
- 2nd - Groups of 2 students
- 3rd - Individual students
Note: The order in which applications are submitted will have no impact on lottery numbers.
The Emerging Leaders community offers an opportunity to:
- Gain a better understanding of local and global issues
- Actively engage with local non-profit and community partners
- Develop an understanding of current social justice issues and how to actively be part of the solution
- Connect what you learn with future career and personal aspirations
Members complete community service hours each semester at NDMU and in the surrounding Baltimore neighborhoods.
The community is housed on the second floor of Meletia Hall in suite-style rooms. Incoming, first-year students are eligible to apply.
If you have a current medical accommodation or are seeking a medical accommodation for housing, you must submit the Housing Accommodation Form with appropriate documentation from your doctor to the Office of Accessibility and Health Promotion in Theresa Hall 009.