Professor and Director of Morrissy Honors Program
English Department Gibbons Hall (GIB) 430 JDelrosso@ndm.edu 410-532-5515
Programs I teach...
School of Arts, Sciences & Business
- Ph.D., English, University of Maryland, May 2000.
- Graduate Certificate, Womens' Studies, University of Maryland, May 1998.
- M.A., English, University of Maryland, December 1993.
- B.A. with honors, English, State University of New York at Binghamton, May 1992.
- Modern Language Association
- National Womens' Studies Association
- American Association of University Women
- Catholicism and Women’s Literature
- Contemporary World Literature
- Post-Colonial Literature
- Cultural Studies
- Media Studies
- Writing Catholic Women: Contemporary International Catholic Girlhood Narratives. Palgrave Macmillan Press, 2005.
- The Catholic Church and Unruly Women Writers: Critical Essays. Edited with Leigh Eicke, Grand Valley State University, and Ana Kothe, University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez. Palgrave Macmillan Press, 2007.
- “The Convent as Colonist: Catholicism in the Works of Contemporary Women Writers of the Americas.” MELUS: The Journal of the Society for the Study of Multi-Ethnic Literature of the United States 26.3(Fall 2001): 183-201.
- “Catholicism’s Other(ed) Holy Trinity: Race, Class, and Gender in Black Catholic Girl School Narratives.” National Women’s Studies Association Journal 12.1 (Spring 2000): 24-43.
- “The Womanization of Utopias: Sally Miller Gearhart’s Rhetorical Fiction.” Extrapolation 40:3 (Fall 1999): 213-223.