Being a part of the Notre Dame of Maryland University community means we each must take daily actions on and off campus to protect each other and our community. The only way we can be successful is if we all work together to keep our campus safe and healthy. I pledge to take responsibility for my own health, the protection of others and help keep the NDMU community safe from spread of COVID-19 and other infections as identified and instructed by the University.
View the pledge wall to see who has already signed.
I Pledge to:
- Monitor daily for the symptoms of COVID-19 and report to a medical professional if I experience fever of 100.4 F (38 C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste or smell
- Wash my hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer
- Strongly consider getting vaccinated for the flu in the fall
PROTECT EACH OTHER
- Maintain appropriate social distancing on and off campus, especially in classroom settings or the presence of higher risk members of the community
- Stay home or in my residential hall room if I feel ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19
- Wear an appropriate face mask and other protective gear as directed by the University
- Be positive, attentive and helpful to anyone around who may be in need of support
PROTECT OUR NDMU COMMUNITY
- Keep my clothing, belongings, personal spaces and shared common spaces clean
- Participate in testing and contact tracing to preserve the wellness of the community
- Carefully observe instructional signs and follow directions