The ELI is one of the best tuition values for the amount of class hours per week in the Baltimore/Washington area, both in private schools and state-sponsored institutions.
August 2018 - July 2019 Tuition & Fees
|Tuition (Full-Time)||2,400 USD|
|Listening & Speaking||550 USD|
|Reading & Discussion||550 USD|
|Room & Board||2,948 USD (per term)|
|Housing Deposit||100 USD (one-time payment, non-refundable, applied to payment)|
|Registration/Technology Fee||150 USD (non-refundable, per term)|
|I-20 Processing Fee||50 USD|
|Express Mail||Actual cost + 5% processing fee|
|Health Insurance||300 USD (per session)|
|Books||300 to 350 USD per semester (estimated)|
Full-Time Study Schedule
Classes are held Monday through Thursday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., and are offered at three levels.
|Writing & Grammar||9:00–11:00 a.m.||Monday & Wednesday|
|Reading & Discussion||11:15 a.m.–1:15 p.m.||Monday & Wednesday|
|Listening & Speaking||2:00–4:00 p.m.||Monday & Wednesday|
|Vocabulary||9:00–10:30 a.m.||Tuesday & Thursday|
|Pronunciation||10:45–11:45 a.m.||Tuesday & Thursday|
|Grammar||12:45–2:15 p.m.||Tuesday & Thursday|
Payment Methods Accepted
- Traveler's Checks
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express (Note: There can be difficulty with international credit cards.)
- Payments sent by mail must be made by a check drawn on a U.S. bank or a U.S. money order.
- The Registration Fee is required by the University and covers the cost of placement testing and the use of the campus and all its facilities.
- The balance of tuition and fees are due by the end of the first week of classes.
- All students MUST have health insurance while studying in the ELI. Insurance purchased in a student’s home country is accepted as long as it covers medical expenses in the U.S. Health insurance can also be purchased at the University.
- There is no financial aid available to ELI students at this time.