We are dedicated to supporting the campus community and being a strategic partner to help other departments meet their objectives. As a result of these partnerships, our professional development opportunities create a workplace that is efficient, effective, and a good steward of resources.
Training & Development Offerings:
Building Bridges Across Maryland
In 2008, Notre Dame of Maryland University began participating in Building Bridges Across Maryland, a unique training, networking and development program for support staff at area colleges and universities including: McDaniel College, Towson University, University of Maryland, Baltimore, and University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
2018-19 Administrative Support Cohort Sessions
- Kickoff Event - August 9, 2018 at Notre Dame of Maryland University
- Session I - Managing Your Strengths - September 20, 2018 at Notre Dame of Maryland University
- Take an in-depth look at your personal strengths, interests, and skills. Identifying and using your strengths is the key to improving individual effectiveness and team performance. You may even identify future career possibilities or ways to mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Session II - Career Development Essentials - October 25, 2018 at University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Thinking about where you’re going with your career? Curious about ways to enhance your marketability as a professional? This interactive workshop will help you learn keys for developing a growth mindset, identify and flesh out existing transferable skills, and implement strategies for enhancing your resume and cover letter. Time will also be devoted to exploring professional development opportunities to help you move horizontally in addition to vertically in your organization. You’ll walk away from this session thinking about your job in creative and new ways, taking stock of the gems in the career you currently have, becoming more of an active driver in your career and finding ways to add value in your department and organization.
- Session III - Staying Organized - November 15, 2018 at McDaniel College
- While juggling multiple priorities and trying to do more with less, we must also meet deadlines, gain control over paperwork, and get more done in less time every day. Participants will develop an action plan to get and stay organized, and learn techniques to set goals, manage your time, handle interruptions, delegate tasks, avoid procrastination, identify and focus on priorities, and organize your desk and yourself.
- Session IV - Working with Difficult People - December 13, 2018 at Towson University
- This session will aid your ability to recognize not only the symptoms of a negative workplace relationship, but also the role each of us plays in these situations. Learn how to set boundaries and control your reactions to co-workers who cross those boundaries. You will also practice “unhooking” yourself from difficult personal interactions at work.
- Session V - Customer Service Excellence - January 17, 2019 at University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Learn how to identify your customers and their expectations. Identify behaviors that constitute excellent service, recognize various modes of communication and when to use each, practice good customer service techniques, and develop a personal action plan to improve customer service back on the job.
- Graduation Event - March 7, 2019 at McDaniel College
Customer Service Excellence
Learn how to identify your customers and their expectations. Identify behaviors that constitute excellent service, recognize various modes of communication and when to use each, practice good customer service techniques, and develop a personal action plan to improve customer service back on the job. To register for a session, please respond to email@example.com one (1) week prior to session date.
Managing Your Strengths
Take an in-depth look at your personal strengths, interests, and skills. Identifying and using your strengths is the key to improving individual effectiveness and team performance. To register for a session, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org one (1) week prior to session date.
Mission Orientation 2018-19 Academic Year
This program is for all new employees and is designed to give you an opportunity to learn about the history of the School Sisters of Notre Dame and the mission of the University. Paula Dukehart, SSND, shares Notre Dame of Maryland University’s rich culture, history, and treasured traditions and at the conclusion of the orientation, employees will have a better understanding of the importance of their role within the University’s community.
Partners in Mission - The Supervisor's Role
This cohort program consists of 5 sessions aimed at helping all supervisors be more efficient and effective in their roles. Participants will receive a certificate of completion after attending all 5 sessions. To RSVP for the very first cohort, please respond by July 13th. More dates will be added for the fall! To register for a session, please respond to email@example.com one (1) week prior to session date
Building Bridges Across Maryland Graduates
2017-2018 Administrative Support Cohort
2016-2017 Administrative Support Cohort
2015-2016 Administrative Support Cohort
2014-2015 Administrative Support Cohort
2013-2014 Administrative Support Cohort
2012-2013 Supervisor Cohort
2012-2013 Administrative Support Cohort
Mary Alice Adams
2011-2012 Supervisor Cohort
2011-2012 Administrative Support Cohort
2010-2011 Supervisor Cohort
2010-2011 Administrative Support Cohort
2009-2010 Administrative Support Cohort
2008-2009 Administrative Support Cohort