Answers to common questions to make your arrival to campus easy and enjoyable!
Do I need to get tested for COVID-19 before arriving to campus?

Students are not required to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to arriving on campus. However, it is strongly recommended/encouraged that everyone complete a pre-arrival test within 48 hours before arrival/entry on to campus for move-in. Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 should not travel to campus and should notify Residence Life Staff for further instructions.

Do I need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to arriving on campus?

All students living in the residence halls are required to be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations and upload the information to the University via Self-Service, or apply for a medical or religious exemption from vaccination. Additional information is available at

Can I bring people to help me move in?
All residential students are encouraged to bring up to 2 trusted people on campus for Move-In Day to help bring their belongings into their assigned rooms.
What do I need to complete prior to move-in?

All students are strongly recommended/encouraged to complete a pre-arrival test within 48 hours before arrival/entry on to campus for move-in. All students must upload a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination documentation or submit a medical/religious exemption request. See for additional information.

Incoming Students: You will need to either waive or enroll in the university health insurance as well as submit your immunization documentation before you can move into the residence halls.

Returnig Students: You will need to either waive or enroll in the university health insurance. 

What size sheets should I bring for my bed?

Twin extra long sheets are recommended. They allow extra room if you would like to put an egg crate or mattress pad/topper on your bed for comfort and they fit on the longer mattresses that are in some residential rooms.

I would like to have access to a microwave and refrigerator. What are my options?

Due to sanitation challenges, communal kitchens inside the residence halls will be closed for this academic year. 

Students are allowed to bring their own mini fridge for their room. Mini fridges cannot exceed 118 volts, 60Hz, or draw more than 1.5 amps or 180 watts. They should also be 4 cu. ft. or smaller. Only one mini fridge per resident allowed.

Microfridge units are available for rent from Units are delivered to student rooms prior to move-in and are picked up at the end of the year. Personal microwaves (not rented through MyFridgeRental) are NOT allowed in the residence halls. 

Can I bring a coffee pot, slow cooker, or rice cooker?

You are permitted to bring appliances that do not have an exposed heating element. For example, you are able to bring a Keurig coffee maker or any coffee pot that does not have a hot plate.

Items such as slow cookers, rice cookers, and toaster ovens all have exposed heating elements that are a potential fire hazard and are therefore prohibited items.

A full list of prohibited items is available in the Residential Student Handbook or here

Are cable and WiFi available?

Cable and WiFi are included for all students. Cable includes most standard channels and a list of channels is available through the IT Help Desk. TV cable cords are not provided, students should bring their own. 

Though WiFi is available in both residence halls, you are encouraged to also bring an Ethernet cable for wired internet access as well.

Personal routers and wireless printers are prohibited items in the residence halls as they impact the strength of the wireless network for other community members.

When do I get my student ID?

You should've received your ID during Registration Day. If you haven't, you'll have to go to Rice Hall when you arrive to campus. 

Where do I go on Move-In Day?

Move-In locations:

Meletia Hall- The back of Meletia Hall across from Rice Hall. Please look for move-in signs. 

Doyle Hall- The first-floor lobby of Doyle Hall. Please look for move-in signs. 

 You can also keep an eye out for updates on our Coronavirus Information site. 

How do I get a parking permit?

You will have the opportunity to register your vehicle on campus with Public Safety during move-in day. Additional information will be provided on move-in day.

If you would prefer to register your vehicle on campus prior to move-in, visit the Public Safety Switchboard on the 1st floor in the front of Gibbons Hall.

When does my meal plan start?

Meal plans begin on Thursday, January 21st for lunch. 

My room has extra furniture that I don't want, can I have it removed?

No, all furniture must remain inside the rooms. We will not be able to remove furniture from the assigned spaces and no furniture can be placed or left in the hallways/communal areas.