The interdisciplinary Digital Media Arts program provides a solid foundation in technology, a rich creative background in the arts, and the communication skills necessary to convey ideas in the digital realm. As media and business environments are increasingly dependent on digital communication competencies, our curriculum offers training for exciting careers in today's high-tech digital workplace.
Through a series of electives, you can also choose to declare an emphasis in graphic design.
Additional Study Options
5-Year Communications Dual-Degree Program: Earn both a BA in Digital Media Arts and a MA in Contemporary Communications from NDMU in just five years.
What to Expect Studying at Notre Dame of Maryland University
Small class sizes offer personal attention while challenging, yet flexible, assignments using a wide variety of hardware and software tools enhance the student experience. An emphasis on collaboration rather than competition creates a supportive environment for peer critiques.
After completing the program, you will be able to:
- Create effective visual communications strategies that could assist individuals and businesses;
- Use technology to address visual communication challenges;
- Analyze the historical impact design and visual communications have had on our culture;
- Evaluate the moral and ethical issues related to visual media, art, and technology;
- Apply formal design principles to solve visual communication problems; and
- Work effectively as an individual and as a member of a creative team.
Research & Internship Opportunities
A capstone practicum course includes a semester-long professional internship, which greatly increases employability.
Digital Media Arts Careers
The digital media arts major prepares students for wide range of careers involving creative applications of computer technology.
- Graphic Design
- Publication Layout
- Web Design
- Video Production