Transfer Admissions Process
We strongly encourage transfer students to apply early to ensure the best selection of classes and to obtain financial aid. Applications are completed on a rolling basis year-round, however, we encourage all students to apply and be accepted at least a month before the start of each semester, especially if they plan to secure financial aid.
Priority Filing Date
- Fall Transfer Admission: March 15
- Spring Transfer Admission: December 15
Applications received after these dates will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
What We Look For
The following information is assessed during the application review process:
- Quality and strength of the student’s curriculum
- Grades received in all college-level courses, especially those in the liberal arts, math and sciences
- Writing skills as evidenced through an essay or writing sample
Transfer students applying to Notre Dame are asked to submit the following documents for consideration:
- Completed application
- Official high school transcript (Not required for students with at least 30 hours of transferable college credits; If applying with a GED, a score of 145 or higher on the GED® is needed (Performance Level 2: Pass/High School Equivalency). Older GED scores will be reviewed individually.)
- Official college transcripts from all academic institutions previously attended
Financial Aid Assistance
Financial aid is available to all students. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for consideration of assistance from the federal/state government, external companies/agencies and Notre Dame institutional need-based grants.
Schedule a Visit
Schedule a visit to meet with an admissions counselor to learn more about transferring credits and the transfer admissions process. Campus tours, class visits and appointments with academic departments are also available.
Talk to an Admissions Counselor
Contact an admissions counselor to request information and learn more about our programs.