The Dual-Degree Law program is an accelerated pathway for qualified students to earn both a Bachelor of Arts in any major from NDMU and a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Baltimore School of Law in just six years.
Students accepted into the Dual-Degree Law Program complete 90 credits of the BA in three years at Notre Dame, and then enroll at University of Baltimore (UB) for three years of law school. The first 30 credit hours at UB also count as the final 30 credit hours of the BA.
First Three Years
- Complete 90+ undergraduate credit hours (at least 30 from NDMU)
- Complete all general education requirements
- Complete 18+ credits toward a major, at least 6 of which must be at the 300-400 level
- Earn a minimum of a C in all courses contributing to the major
- Receive written approval from NDMU indicating the expected completion of all NDMU graduation requirements in 3 years
- Take the LSAT
- Apply to UB School of Law through established rolling admissions process or through established Early Automatic Admission process
- Enroll at UB School of Law
- Take 32 credits toward JD, 30 of which will simultaneously be applied to the completion of the BA
- Receive BA from NDMU after completion of 30 credits at UB
Years Five and Six
- Complete JD at UB School of Law