Our small class sizes and location on Notre Dame of Maryland University’s park-like campus offer unique educational opportunities to take learning outside. As a designated lab school, we also welcome teaching students from NDMU and nearby universities that further enriches learning for ACP children.
Each classroom has a lead teacher and an assistant teacher. The school is divided into four classrooms, each containing a specific age group.
|Age||Room||Teacher to Child Ratio|
|Preschool 2s (Older 2s – 3rd birthday between Sept. 1 – Dec. 31)||Room 2||1:6|
|Preschool 3s (3 years old by Sept. 1st)||Room 1||1:10 (maximum 2:12)|
|Prekindergarten 4s (4 years old by Sept. 1st)||Big Room||1:10 (maximum 2:20)|
|Kindergarten 5 (5 years old by Sept. 1)||Room 4||1:10 (maximum 2:16)|
The preschool instructional day runs from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Before and after care is provided at no additional cost from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- Parents are required to pack a lunch daily for your child. A Child’s Place provides morning and afternoon snacks as well as milk at snack times and at lunch.
- A Child’s Place is excited to offer a new Optional bagged lunch program for your preschooler this year! SAGE Dining will prepare bagged lunches that will be delivered directly to A Child’s Place for your child at lunchtime.
- SAGE will provide a delicious lunch for your child at the cost of $5! Lunches must be purchased for a full week ($25) by the Monday prior to start of the session.
- Dietary restrictions and selection of a vegetarian option can be requested when placing your order weekly.
- Each bagged lunch will include a variety of items to appeal to the appetite of a preschooler. See the sample two seek menu below:
|Week 1||Week 2|
|Tuesday||Macaroni & Cheese
Hot Dog on Whole Wheat
|Thursday||Burgers on Whole Wheat
Mozzarella Cheese Stick
|Grilled Cheese on Whole Wheat
Mozzarella Cheese Stick
|French Bread Pizza/Pizza Bagels
*Water provided daily with SAGE lunch. Milk provided daily by A Child’s Place.
Our staff consists of a director, an assistant director, four lead teachers, and three assistant teachers.
As part of accreditation requirements, all ACP lead teachers have either a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or an associate’s degree with a minimum number of credits in early childcare.
ACP staff also participate in the Maryland Child Care Credential Program that recognizes early care and education personnel who go beyond requirements of State licensing and registration regulations. Lead teachers hold a Maryland Child Care Credential of level must hold a Maryland Child Care Credential of level five or higher. Assistant teachers hold a Maryland Child Care Credential of level two or higher.
A Child’s Place staff are trained in:
- Childcare and COVID-19 Training
- CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid
- Medication Administration
- Basic Health and Safety Training
- Emergency Preparedness
- Active Shooter in a Childcare Setting
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Developmental Screening
In addition to our teaching staff, a Child’s Place is a lab school for early learning majors in the Notre Dame of Maryland University School of Education. We serve as an observation and training site for students from NDMU, Loyola University, Towson University, and Johns Hopkins University.
Due to COVID-19, visitors will not be allowed at this time.