Notre Dame of Maryland University offers more programs in teacher-shortage fields (STEM, TESOL, Gifted and Talented, Special Education) than any other Maryland university.
- Internship and resident teacher opportunities are available for qualified candidates.
- Accelerated programs alternate coursework with classroom experience.
- Small class sizes provide opportunities for mentoring and individual support.
- Notre Dame's proud SSND tradition promotes and supports a culture of service.
Choose the option that best describes you:
CERTIFICATES – For teachers who are seeking to address their professional development needs, renew their certification, and/or expand their areas of expertise, NDMU offers a variety of courses to earn a ‘badge.’ Each certificate is earned after taking four relevant courses; these certificates include:
Advanced Certification Programs
- MA in Leadership in Teaching
- MA in Administration & Supervision for Changing Populations
- MA in Gifted and Talented Education
- MA in Leadership in Special Education - Exceptionalities
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Education
We partner with area colleges and school districts to offer undergraduate and graduate cohorts for many of our bachelor's, master's, post-master's certifications, and Ph.D. programs.
For added convenience and flexibility, many of our undergraduate and graduate education programs are offered at satellite locations throughout Maryland.