The Bookstore closed beginning March 23, 2020 and remain closed indefinitely. Any textbook orders placed online after 3/25 will be processed but please expect a delay in delivery.
Other bookstore updates:
Spring 2020 textbook rentals are due back to the bookstore by June 15, 2020.
FREE eBOOK ACCESS:
For the remainder of the Spring 2020 term, our campus bookstore is offering free access to eTextbooks through their partnership with VitalSource. See website for more information
HOW TO RETURN:
Students will be able to SHIP rentals back to the bookstore using a FREE UPS PREPAID LABEL provided by the bookstore. Students can download and print this label from the reminder emails they will receive or by going to the bookstore website: https://ndm.bncollege.com/shop/ndm/home
- Scroll to the bottom of the home page and click on the “textbook rental” link
- Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click on the “rental return” link
- On this screen enter your textbook order ID and email address associated with your textbook rental. This is provided in the students’ reminder emails. You may contact the bookstore if you need this information.
- Hit SUBMIT button
- Label will be created. Print as many copies as you may need. You can ONLY create 1 label per order number.
- Take to your nearest UPS shipping location
- Once the Bookstore receives your shipment, it will be checked in based on the information provided on your label.
TEXTBOOK BUY BACK:
At this time, you’ll have to hold on to any textbooks you wish to try and sell-back at the bookstore until the next buy-back window opens around finals time for the Fall 2020 semester.
Learn more about how the bookstore and team are taking preventative measures to combat COVID-19 HERE.
Note from Barnes & Noble on preparedness:
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve globally. As a proud member of the campus community, the Bookstore places the highest value on the well-being of those we serve. In light of the ongoing Coronavirus situation, we are acting thoughtfully and proactively to take important steps that will ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees.
We are diligently monitoring reports from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and adapting as new information becomes available. Currently, we are following guidance from both the CDC and local health authorities, and have put in place the following precautionary measures in our store:
- We have been, and continue to be, proactive in our approach to keep our store clean. We have increased cleaning and sanitizing within our store to help prevent the spread of all germs.
- We continue to encourage employees to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly with soap.
- We are temporarily pausing all personal cup and dine-in plates and silverware. We will still honor the discount for any customer that offers a personal cup. We are also temporarily pausing active sampling to customers.
- We have restricted all business travel for employees.
Barnes & Noble has partnered with VitalSource to ensure students have increased access to educational materials. This partnership will help students’ access eTextbooks and digital learning materials. Students at Barnes & Noble campuses (which include NDMU), that have been closed due to COVID-19 will be able to access eTextbooks free of cost to help them successfully complete their academic year.
View a list of publishers supporting this effort.
This resource provides videos to assist students with creating an account and accessing textbooks online. Students are allowed to check out up to seven books.
Note: If you tend to order books through Amazon, you may experience delays. During this health crisis and national emergency, Amazon is experiencing delays in shipping non-essential items.