A collegial community of lifelong learners over the age of 50, Renaissance Institute, abounds with opportunities to express your creativity, engage in intellectual pursuits and explore new ideas while building enriching camaraderie.
Renaissance members are writers, painters, historians, teachers, scientists, film buffs, musicians, dancers, poets, bankers, realtors, lawyers, sports fans, nurses and more! Most are retired, many are grandparents, and all have fascinating life experiences to share.
Renaissance’s non credit classes are designed and led by members, and local professionals. Enjoy a mix of on campus and Zoom based selections on Tuesdays and Thursdays each spring and fall semester. Check in for special lectures and social events, clubs, and our unique Summer and Winter in the City Programs for continuing enrichment and fun when classes are out of session.
The Renaissance Curriculum covers a wide range of interests including: art, history, science, literature, music, philosophy, politics, public affairs, creative writing, drawing and painting, film, languages, qi gong, and yoga.
Come for the Classes- Stay for the Friendships!
Your membership fee provides
- Enrollment in Renaissance courses each fall and spring ( Course material fees may apply)
- Participation in "Winter in the City" and "Summer in the City" social and cultural trips and activities
- Enjoyment of student privileges at the NDMU/Loyola library and NDM fitness center, including Amazon Prime student membership and free downloads of Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to audit one course per academic year at NDMU for a fee of only $195.
- Receipt of Renaissance’s curated annual literary arts journal Reflections
- Opportunities to forge new friendships through special interest events and activities
Spring 2023 Course Information
Course Catalog (PDF) Course Schedule (PDF)
Online Payment and Course Registration
Spring Course Registration Now Through January 16, 2023
Please Choose Your Membership Option
Spring Semester Only Full Year Membership (Fall & Spring)
How to Become a Member and Register for Classes
Renaissance is open to all people from all educational backgrounds with a keen interest in intellectual and creative pursuits.
Our Spring 2023 Course Catalogue will be available December 6th with online registration beginning December 19, 2022. On campus and Zoom classes will begin February 7, 2023.
Renaissance adheres to COVID-19 protocols established by Notre Dame of Maryland University and the City of Baltimore. Currently, all members participating on-campus must provide evidence of a COVID vaccine and a flu vaccine. https://www.ndm.edu/ndmu-together/general-health-safety
Share the catalog with a friend and remember to "like" Renaissance Institute on Facebook!
Sign up to receive more information
For More Information Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff is available Tuesday through Thursday 8am-4pm
The Renaissance Office is closed during the months of June and July.
Shirley Bigley LaMotte