The Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities provides comprehensive services to the Notre Dame of Maryland University community.
- Follow-up of behavioral and academic incidents
- Referral and support of students of concern
- Advisement of the University Honor Board
- Educational programmatic initiatives and response to emergency situations in conjunction with Public Safety via the Student Life Duty team
All communities operate with a shared commitment to core values. Guided by the School Sisters of Notre Dame and committed to our long standing mission, Notre Dame of Maryland University strives to build inclusive communities, engage in service to others and to promote social responsibility.
Being part of the NDMU community is a privilege and therefore brings with it the obligation to conduct oneself in ways that promote these goals and build up the community and the obligation to refrain from activity inconsistent with our shared goals and commitments.
Each community member is expected to make choices that preserve a safe and secure environment in which all individuals are able to pursue their academic endeavors, practice responsible citizenship, respect the rights of others, and be accountable for their actions and the actions of their guests.
Student Support Referrals
The Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities through the Student Support Referral Form and the Student Life Duty Team serves as the primary resource for managing referrals and student issues related to crisis intervention. The office makes on and off campus referrals as necessary in conjunction with other campus constituents to provide appropriate support for each student.
Individuals concerned about an NDMU student are encouraged to share their concerns if they:
- Observe behavior which could reasonably lead one to be concerned for the student's safety or for the safety of others around them
- Feel threatened by the student, whether by action or direct verbal threat
- Observe new behavior, different from a previously established pattern of behavior, that causes concern to the observer