Off Campus Study

A student who has been accepted at Notre Dame and is a matriculant may not take courses at another college without prior permission. Students who wish to study at another accredited college must file an off-campus permission form and receive approval from the academic advisor and the Dean before registering for courses. Courses taken off campus may be taken for elective credit only. 

A student may not take courses from other colleges during the regular academic year if Notre Dame offers or will offer the course during the student's enrollment at NDMU. Approved courses with a grade of “C” or higher will be considered for transfer credit. You may complete the off campus study form and submit to the Registrar's Office once all signatures have been received. 

Questions? You may contact us at

Baltimore Student Exchange Program

Through the Baltimore Student Exchange Program; full-time undergraduate NDMU students with sophomore, junior, and senior status may take courses at CCBC, Coppin State, Goucher College, Johns Hopkins University (JHU), JHU-Peabody, Loyola University Maryland, MICA, Morgan State, Stevenson University, Towson University, University of Baltimore, and UMBC. 

These regular program courses can be taken as space is available, during the fall and spring terms. It is the students responsibility to verify the start date and the time of the consortium course. Students must register through Notre Dame using a BSEP Form; no additional fees are charged. First year students are not eligible to participate in  the consortium.

Full-time matriculants at Notre Dame may apply as concentrators at Loyola University Maryland  if  they wish to major in a Program of Study not available at Notre Dame. Students must be enrolled full-time at NDMU to be eligible to participate in this exchange. 

Questions, about the Baltimore Student Exchange program? 

Alex Lyons
BSEP Coordinator